The Firestick is a streaming device that allows users to watch movies and TV shows on their television. Users can also stream music, games, and other content from apps like Netflix and Hulu.
The why does my firestick keep freezing and buffering is a question that has been asked many times. There are many different reasons for this issue, but the most common one is an outdated version of FireStarter.
Firestick has evolved into a handy method to watch both on-demand and live television channels. The Firestick gadget, which was developed by Amazon, has great optimization and features, making it very popular among customers. However, since the Firestick is still relatively new, there are certain problems in the operating system.
The frozen screen is one of these problems. You are not alone if you only have sporadic encounters with the problem. The major causes of the issue will be explained in this tutorial. We’ll also discuss some possible options for resolving the problem.
What Are the Causes of My Firestick Freezing?
No one likes to be interrupted while watching their favorite television program or film. The frozen firestick problems may put a damper on your enjoyment of the show. The good news is that it doesn’t happen very often. When the RAM or memory on the Firestick is full, it usually freezes. Buffering, restarting, and other problems may occur as a result of the reason.
Freezing may be caused by a variety of factors. It doesn’t matter what’s causing the problem; you should be able to solve it with a few simple changes. Restarting the device is the first thing you may attempt. Most issues with Firefox can be solved by restarting it.
How does Restart assist you?
Many people overlook the device’s ability to restart. As previously said, it may immediately resolve a variety of problems with your device by restarting the system. Restarting typically clears the preceding session’s long-term program data. When you leave your smartphone on for an extended length of time, the applications you’re using continue to use memory even after you’ve left them.
After leaving, some of them may continue to consume memories in the background. It may cause problems such as a sluggish device, freezing, buffering, and so on. All open applications will be closed and the memory required by the programs will be released with a simple restart. It allows you to execute applications smoothly without any problems by refreshing the RAM.
Unfreeze a Firestick in 5 Easy Steps
If the freezing persists even after restarting the device, you’ll need to look into alternative options. There are a few solutions you may attempt to solve the issue. We’ll show you how to unfreeze Amazon Firestick devices using the methods listed below.
Restart the remote control
All Firestick devices come with a remote control, which you will need to operate the streaming device. If your Firestick freezes, it may be due to a malfunction in the remote. To fix the problem, try restarting the remote. Here’s how to get the Firestick remote to work again:
- Press the “Select” button on the remote for a few seconds.
- Then, for the same length of time, click the “Pause/Play” button.
- The gadget should restart after 5 to 10 seconds of holding the buttons down.
If you have the Firestick remote, it’s a simple repair. However, the technique may not always be successful in thawing the device. If the first method does not work, try the others.
Remove the power cord.
If background applications are causing the freezing, this approach should help to resolve the issue. Disconnect the Firestick from the power source and reattach it after a time to restart it. The process is known as “Power-cycle,” and it should be able to properly power up the Firestick TV.
Here’s what you should do:
- Disconnect the firestick’s power cord from the wall outlets or the power source with care.
- Wait thirty seconds before reconnecting the cord. Now is the time for the Firestick gadget to restart.
After that, you should be able to use the Firestick device without any issues. The process is totally risk-free, and Amazon even encourages it.
Restore the default settings on your Firestick
The restarting problem may be caused by certain app settings or incompatibilities. You may fix it by resetting the Firestick to factory default settings.
- From the home menu, go to the Firestick app’s settings.
- Now look for the option to “Restore to Default Settings.” It’s also known as “Reset to Factory Defaults” in certain cases.
- After selecting the choice, click the restore/reset button. The reset process will take some time to finish.
- The gadget should restart after a time and prompt you to login/register.
Note that this approach will erase all of the device’s settings and installed applications. To continue using the device, you will need to login or register again.
With the Remote App on your Smartphone, you may unfreeze.
Have you misplaced the Firestick’s remote, causing the device to freeze? If you can’t locate the remote, you may use the virtual app remotes to solve the problem. They’re compatible with both Android and iOS. Here’s how to fix the problem by using the Amazon Fire TV app as a remote.
- Install the software from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your smartphone.
- Now connect to the Firestick using the app’s suggested method.
- You should now be able to use the app to operate the device.
You may also try CetusPlay, another software that can be used as a Firestick remote. The CetusPlay app’s most remarkable feature is that it can be used as a mouse for easy device control.
Clear the Firestick Apps Cache:
You may prevent the firestick from unfreezing by clearing the app cache.
Here’s how to clear Firestick’s cache.
- Go to settings by pressing the Home Button on the Firestick Remote.
- Now go to the settings and look for MY Fire TV.
- Now locate the about option by scrolling down the page.
- From the About page, go to “Storage.”
- You may now delete the app’s caches from that location.
We hope that the techniques listed above will help you unfreeze your firestick gadget.
Our related resources may be of interest to you:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I stop my Firestick from freezing?
You can try to restart your Firestick by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. If that doesnt work, you can also try rebooting your device by holding the power button for 15 seconds.
Why Does My Fire TV Stick keep freezing?
This issue is usually caused by a lack of RAM. If you have recently updated your Fire TV Stick, it might be the cause.
What do you do when your Amazon Firestick freezes?
If your Amazon Firestick freezes, you need to restart it. This can be done by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off and then pressing the power button again to turn it back on.
- amazon fire stick keeps freezing 2021
- firestick keeps freezing and restarting
- why does my firestick remote keep freezing
- firestick keeps freezing on home screen
- firestick freezes after 5 seconds